Welcome to the ULC Minister's Network

Forums » General Discussion

Starting A Congregation

• 1 posts
    March 4, 2017 6:19 AM PST

Good Evening All,

I am looking to start a congregation in Queensland Australia. I see mention that it is possible and i even found a page one here that was talking like it was going to have some information on the process but then nothing past the disclaimer...

Has anyone gone down this path or know where they have hidden the information on the site.

Thankyou and have a Fantastic day!

• April 10, 2017 10:47 AM PDT

I will soon head down the same path. I do know that you may go to ulc.net you will find seminary courses that you can take to further yourself along. There is a congregation pack in the store as well to help get you started. I am taking the seminary courses first before proceeding to start my congregation, but just about anyone here can help to point you in the right direction.

Blessings to you

This post was edited by Rev. Marc LeAngelo Yancey at April 10, 2017 10:47 AM PDT
    • 37 posts
    April 11, 2017 3:20 AM PDT

I would recomend starting a small group study. From there as a core group of people come together regularly then see how to expand and form a planning committee with those most committed to the idea of forming the church/parish. Begin with a standard of ritual/serice. 

to kep in mind the small gruop study/discussion should just be that, a study group. I sugest that you refrain from making it like a tiny form of Sunday morning worship. this will develope later. the idea of the small group is to establish the format for continuing the ministries for future small groups like youth group, men's and women's guilds, single's group, vbs, seniors, and more. 

keep it simple at first and watch God move....  Holy Spirit bless your evdenvers!  here is the web page for my concept church i'm preparing for my planning committee.... http://chenangopointchurch.weebly.com/

This post was edited by Sosev Menw at April 11, 2017 3:21 AM PDT
    • 37 posts
    April 11, 2017 3:28 AM PDT

[blockquote]Craig Wright said:

Good Evening All,

I am looking to start a congregation in Queensland Australia. I see mention that it is possible and i even found a page one here that was talking like it was going to have some information on the process but then nothing past the disclaimer...

Has anyone gone down this path or know where they have hidden the information on the site.

[/blockquote]

here is the ULCM page:

http://www.ulc.org/training-education/8-starting-a-congregation/

Here is the ULC Seminary page: 

http://*******************/index.php/seminary/starting-your-own-church/creating-a-church

Both give good information for creation of a congregation. Keep in mind they are geared towards USA churches. Australia may have different rules. 

Also this is the denomination I'm working in. http://www.independentlutheran.com/ There is training and a online seminary. You just have to agree to the form of ministry and theology. Pr. Robbie, the presiding Bishop is willing to assist in the creation of your ministry. Plus you'll have formal training.all for free. In the end you'll have a more recognizable ordination. There is an ILD pastor in Australia, ILD INTERNATIONAL

AUSTRALIA  PASTOR TROY HARRIS

Bishop Robbie can get you into contact with Pr. Troy.

God Bless

This post was edited by Sosev Menw at April 11, 2017 3:39 AM PDT
    • 37 posts
    April 11, 2017 3:30 AM PDT

I forgot, The Monestary and the Seminary are at odds so ULCM does not permit the publishing Seminary page. Click here for the site. 

• 37 posts
    May 23, 2017 3:26 AM PDT

[blockquote]Craig Wright said:

Good Evening All,

[/blockquote]

Hello Craig,

My endeveor thus far is but a puff of smoke. I am still very involved in an existing congregation. as the matter has been table for me so far. How has your progress come along?

Joseph

• 37 posts
    May 23, 2017 3:27 AM PDT

[blockquote]Rev. Marc LeAngelo Yancey said:

I will soon head down the same path. I do know that you may go to ulc.net you will find seminary courses that you can take to further yourself along. There is a congregation pack in the store as well to help get you started. I am taking the seminary courses first before proceeding to start my congregation, but just about anyone here can help to point you in the right direction.

Blessings to you

[/blockquote]

Hello Marc,

How have you been in this progress?

Joseph