Welcome to the ULC Minister's Network

Forums » General Discussion

religious sovereign

• 1 posts
    March 2, 2018 8:31 AM PST

I am looking for information on how to establish a religious entity as a corporation sole and how to set up revocable trusts under the corporation sole.

We are attempting to organize officially, and we need to open bank accounts in order to take donations and conduct day to day operations. Religious institutions are tax exempt. We do not need a tax status at all because we are exempt from IRS guidelines under the IRS code and the establishment clause. We all are. We do not want to invite the IRS in by seeking a 501(3)c status.

We are a religious society comprised or federally recognized tribal members. Our religion is more pagan leaning than that of the majority of the tribes members so assistance from them is out of the question i fear. We are outside their jurisdiction, so we are establishing as a religious sovereign.

I am not on here much, so I might not see your immediate replies if any. But any guidance i receive from those in the know as far as how to establish, is greatly appreciated.

• April 1, 2018 10:57 AM PDT

May I suggest that you contact the "Sanctuary on the Trail, Independent Native American Church of Virginia" They are somewhat different from the traditional NAC and might offer suggestions from a Native point of view.

http://sanctuaryonthetrail.org/church.html

Good Luck and many blessings.