Welcome to the ULC Minister's Network

Forums » General Discussion

How to ensure workplace safety for your employees

• 1 posts
    June 17, 2017 8:36 PM PDT
    With the increasing numbers of workplace injuries, it has become imperative for the employers to take proper safety measures and ensure safety for the employees. Thus, if you too are an employer who is looking for some best safety measures for the employees, make sure you have a look at this post.

A few effective ways to reduce the work-related injuries:

1. Know the perils

This may sound an obvious one, but it is very important for you to know the dangers at the workplace. Anything from a sharp object to a heavy falling object, can pose a threat to the lives of your employers. Therefore, you need to know about all the potential dangers in the work environment.

Knowing about all the possible hazards will help you take proper safety measures. Moreover,Steel Toe Shoes, making it mandatory for the employees to wear industrial safety shoe can help prevent a number of hazards.

2. Reduce workplace stress

The stress at the workplaces has resulted into heart diseases for majority of the employees,Steel Toe Boots, regardless of males or females. This is why it is necessary to reduce the workplaces stress and encourage a healthy working culture.

3. Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)

If your workplace involves risks of heavy falling and sharp objects, it is important to ensure that your employees wear PPE. Among all other important equipment, safety shoes is one of the most essential as the feet in such hazardous workplaces are the most vulnerable.

Also, when lifting heavy loads, make sure the employees are trained to lift them the right way. Use of the protective equipment in such situations reduces the risks dramatically.

4. Pay attention to ergonomics

It is necessary to ensure that the equipment and the workers at your workplace interact efficiently and this is why ergonomics is important. Arrange everything at the workplace in a way that the workers can work safely. Moreover,Electrical Hazard Slip Resistant Boots, the machines used should be within reach.

These tips will help you ensure protection for your employees in perilous situations. If you still have a question on mind, write to us and well provide you with an answer.
    • 3 posts
    July 1, 2017 12:57 AM PDT

These are very good tips. As a worker I would like to add something business owners need to be aware of and do. Make the bonuses for upholding safe work standards truly worth it for your supervisors so that they won't be tempted to cut corners. Too many places I've worked at didn't follow the company's safety protocols as closely as they should because the supervisors got bigger bonuses for cutting costs than for maintaining a safe work environment. Because of this the employees had to reuse safety equipment that is supposed to be disposable, or they had to do without safety equipment altogether.

• 1 posts
    December 1, 2017 10:10 PM PST

Above details regarding the safety shoes are amazing. Many people are unaware with the qualities of these shoes hat are especially designed for construction Workers, those are working in electric plants & some other organization like this. These shoes help them to protect from any mishap. I want to get these shoes for my cousin as he is doing work in construction field. I have recently join the online store visit here that allows me to do shopping in a discounted rates.

• 12 posts
    April 16, 2018 2:03 AM PDT

Yes it is a good info, and everyone should be aware of it.

• 3 posts
    January 27, 2020 5:28 PM PST

Good safety points. OSHA has a lot of good safety standards that can help you out. There are so many issues in today’s workplace, you need to get help from wherever you can find it. Not to mention all the different kinds of workplaces. OSHA/EPA have free handouts