Welcome to the ULC Minister's Network

Forums » Off-Topic Discussions

Note on a car

• October 10, 2017 9:37 AM PDT

So my wife shows me this article from face book where some one left a note on a car

“Hello Neighbor,

It has come to my attention that on the back of your Black Jeep Cherokee you have an NRA “Life Member” sticker. For it is your right to express your opinions openly. I do not  appreciate the fact that I live in a neighborhood with a lunatic who owns guns! We’re supposed to live in a safe Christian neighborhood, and we don’t need some redneck hill-billy nut living here!

So I ask you please, to get rid of your guns and remove your NRA sticker for my children and everyone’s children and turn to God for guidance!

Thank you,

A Caring neighbor”

First of all I am totally amazed at the language used by this christian. To call some one a lunatic and then a Redneck Hill-Billy is not very Christian like, and you just started an argument you may not win. All you have done is  just shown the world how big of a raciest you are.  

Just because a person has a weapon does not mean he does not know God. Lets look in the Bible.

Nehemiah 4:16-18

From that day on, half of my servants carried on the work while half of them held the spears, the shields, the bows and the breastplates; and the captains were behind the whole house of Judah. Those who were rebuilding the wall and those who carried burdens took their load with one hand doing the work and the other holding a weapon. As for the builders, each wore his sword girded at his side as he built, while the trumpeter stood near me.

Here we see that the Neighbors stood watch while others went about doing their task at hand.

Have you ever stopped and look at why you live in such a safe neighborhood. I own a gun and yet I know God and I feel it is my duty to protect those that live near me from those with guns that wish to do evil to them. I pray that I will never have to use my weapon agents another.  But I also must pray for this person that left the note as he really needs it the most. Judge not least ye be judged.

How do you feel about this my Brothers and sisters. All Opinions will be respected.

• 1 posts
    December 8, 2017 10:49 AM PST

The imposition of her personal views on her neighbor, in the name of G-d, is a great example of why religious conflict happens.  

• 2 posts
    December 12, 2017 7:20 AM PST

Personally, I'm not a great fan of the NRA. This may explain why I never joined the organization. On the other hand, I also don't pester people who are NRA members and display pride as such, as they are well within their rights to join up if they want to. Thus far, this strategy has helped me get along well with my neighbors. 

• January 22, 2018 5:23 PM PST
    Perhaps she lives in Maine were 200,000 active Ku Klux Klan members terrorise everyone with guns and she's fed up with the terrorist attacks on her neighbourhood? (The KKK is a branch of the Baptist Church, btw and they carry machine guns and kill in the name of God, claiming it is their Christian duty to do so). I'd be interested to find out where she lives, and if her family, like mine has been subjected to the following in the name of God... probably not considering she thinks a gun owner can NOT be a Christian. odd, considering here in Maine, you are considered a "non-Christian heathen" if you do NOT own a gun.

Did you know I've had FIVE (5) houses on my land in the past 12 years?

A bomb blew up one house (2006)

Morrin House Movers cut house in half, stole it, and moved it to Lake Arrowhead (2001)

A backhoe has driven over the other 3 houses (2001, 2007, 2013)

The KKK left an 8 foot tall white cross in the whole where my house was, after they blew it up with a bomb in October 2006.

May 2006 they attacked my dad and put him in a coma for 6 months.

May 2010 they cut my 1964 Dodge 330 in half.

April 2015 they filled my motorhome with thousands of gallons of feces

May 2015 they cut off my cats' heads and nailed my cats heads to my door.

September 2017 they cut up my 1992 Volvo.

November 9, 2017 they put LSD, Meth, and Molly in my brother's food at the Biddeford, Maine McDonalds, he was in a coma for 5 days.

They weekly stand in my driveway at sunset and shot at my family with their guns.

Why do they do these things?

They've given various reasons, including to call me non-white (even though my skin is physically whiter then theirs) because they claim I am Jewish (even though I'm not) and say all Jews are not white. They also claim that because I'm a woman who has had 7 miscarriage and no children that, this means I'm really a transexual and disguise and it "kill or be killed, remember Saco Shaws all transexuals are all, kill them all!" they scream in my driveway as the police drag them away...

Welcome to Christianity in Maine.

The terms that woman uses in her note, are VERY Christian, very, very, VERY Christian....at least around here, where, all it takes to be Christian is owning a gun, donning a white hood and shooting anyone you think deserves it.

And this.... is why there is so much fighting in religion.

You have that woman with her vehement hatred for gun owners calling then none Christian for owning a gun, and then you come here to Maine and you've got Christians with their vehement hatred proclaiming guns are god-given to better kill the non-Christians with.

In every city or every state you find different people claiming different things are Christian, and you what to know the ONLY thing any of them have in common? Their verhement hatred of everyone different then themselves. Which means not a one of them is anything even close to being Christian, because Christ himself stated that to be Christian one must love thy neighbor as thyself.

By Christ's own words if you do not love everybody and treat every body with love, you are not Christian, so no one running around with vehement hatred for someone else is Christian, no matter how much they say they are.

I feel that people like to throw around the title of Christian without really knowing what it means and that this is why Jesus said: "By their fruits ye shall know them" and "blind leading the blind" and "many shall come in my name, but I know them not" and "a wolf is sheeps clothen" and "no good fruit can come from a withered root"

With those lines, Jesus warned of a time to come, when people would take up his name (calling themselves Christians) and use his name as an excuse to do bad things, and they would convince others to follow them.

When I see someone like the woman with the note, I am reminded that we simply have to look at the fruits of her labours to know she has withered roots. By her fruits we know she is not Christian, and is simply a wolf in sheeps clothen, for we see her fruits of anger and hatred in her note on the car.

She is no different then the Ku Klux Klan members who torment my family. While she is not marching around with guns, she is still marching around with hate on her shoulder.
    This post was edited by Reverend Wendy Christine Allen at January 22, 2018 5:40 PM PST
    • 5 posts
    March 26, 2018 9:47 AM PDT
    Good day all.
    I have a very personal relationship with God . He has truly saved my life.
    I also am a gun owner that doesn't believe in small caliber weapons mine are a 44mag and a fifty caliber rifle. I would NEVER use these against a chilf of God. That being said ,
    if you seek to do evil and bring harm to the innocent , You have removed God's grace AND protection.