Welcome to the ULC Minister's Network

Forums » Off-Topic Discussions

religious clothing source-vast selection -low prices

• January 18, 2017 3:45 AM PST

Check out the vast selection and incredibly reasonable prices you can find of all manner of religious clothing on Ebay...

Everything from:

1. new, high quality, classic design Clergy Shirts with Clerical Collar for under $30 (pic 1) - I am a happy owner of one of these!

2. to nice, new Vestments, Chasuble robes etc for $40 - $90  (examples, see pic 2 for a  $30 item, 3 for $50)

3. look at an example (pic 4) of the increadibly beautiful cricifixes you can order from Chinese sellers... 
    The ones pictured are UNDER $2.50! (Not a Typo - it was $2.32 each, including shipping!!)  I have bought MANY of these - they are very sturdy, made of thick metal and are high quality - I wear mine even while performing vigerous labor such as auto repairs and landscaping - they have taken all my abuse without degrading or breaking!  Simply amazing.  The Rosary Beads necklace and large engraved wooden Crucifix pendant shown in pic 5 was just over $2.50.  If you spend just a tiny little bit more the selection is endless!

4. And, for those with truly refined tastes who can afford it: authentic, vintage hand-embroidered cassocks, vestments, chausibles, etc from the end of the Middle ages to the Victorian era can be had for a many $hundereds to a few $thousand (for example see pic 6 and 7, both around $400 - $500)  items from Victorian era onwards go for only a few hundered... VERY BEAUTIFUL!

The prices above include tax & shipping...

Peace,

Jason Bender

• March 25, 2017 11:11 PM PDT

how to I get these vestments and chalices and all that you need for mass.

I wish someone would talk to me at comfortnjoy3@aol.com

I need alot of support which I feel like  I  got ordained now but where do I go from here . Alone and trying to start a ministry

Rev. Cynthia Rice Martinez

• March 27, 2017 11:05 PM PDT

Rev. Cynthia (Cindy) Rice Martinez  please respond to comfortnjoy3@aol.com  i want alot of things you offer

• 37 posts
    April 2, 2017 7:39 AM PDT

[blockquote]Cindy Rice-Martinez said:

how to I get these vestments and chalices and all that you need for mass.

I wish someone would talk to me at comfortnjoy3@aol.com

I need alot of support which I feel like  I  got ordained now but where do I go from here . Alone and trying to start a ministry

Rev. Cynthia Rice Martinez

[/blockquote]

http://www.divinityclergywear.com/clerical-tab-collar-shirts/   Check out Divinty, 4 shirts $99, 35 colors to choose from. The Robes/Chasubuls are more Protestant/AME style but if you like it, then sport it. 

If you like Medieval and ancient styles then Check out Garb, http://www.garbtheworld.com/items/g0117.shtml

• 37 posts
    June 22, 2017 10:49 AM PDT

A message about Vestments:

WORSHIP (6) – Vestments From the beginning of human culture people have worn clothing for two reasons: protection and responsibility. The second reason concerns us because it identifies a responsible person. We wear uniforms for many purposes. Think of a restaurant server, for example. Religious clothing sets people apart to show their function in worship. So it has been from the beginning – long before Judaism and Christianity. Today we vest at worship by tradition. Strange as it may seem, the purpose it to down-play the individual. A choir vests all alike so that no one stands out. The purpose is harmony. The pastor vests to show the responsibility of the leader and not his person. Street clothing is covered by a white garment meant to be the same in all related churches. Pastors also show their level of expertise by wearing a stole (like a yoke) to show they have been ordained by the church. This is all bound by a “cincture” (rope) to symbolize the pastor submission to duty. Nowadays there is a tendency to think that vestments are meant to embellish the person and that street clothing is more “democratic” somehow. It’s in the eye of the beholder. If you don’t see it that way it won’t be that way.