Welcome to the ULC Minister's Network

Forums » Introduce Yourself

Why did I do this?

• February 21, 2017 1:02 PM PST
    Hello. I'm Chris. I'm a single father of 2 beautiful children.
    I've noticed that whenever I introduce myself that is always the opening line and I feel it is slowly defining me. It's not that I'm ashamed or embarrassed but I want to be a better man so I can be the father I need to be for my children. To be able to guide them until that day where they will be able to lead others and light the way for those who need their darkness lifted
    • 4 posts
    February 25, 2017 2:48 AM PST

Hi Chris. Having read your post it strikes me that your why is your children, and that is very commendable. It must be tough being a single father. I myself have a 22 year old son, but I still remember looking at my wife when he was born and we both had a mutual perspective change. No longer was either of us the most important person in our relationship, he was. We spent the next twenty years trying to instill the best value / beliefs we felt would benefit him the rest of his life...pass the tourch so to speak. He definately took note, as he dropped out of college and became a certified yoga teacher. I may not wholly agree, probably due to the fact that college educated jobs pay better, but I support him fully in his endevour. Turns out he is probably more spiritually grounded than I could ever have hoped to be at his age. It has taken me years to answer my own why, and I feel very comfortable with the answer, now. I wish you all good fortunes, and pray for a better world for your children to grow up in.