Welcome to the ULC Minister's Network

Forums » General Discussion

Legal issues

• October 25, 2017 12:01 AM PDT
    I was recently arrested for holding a Peaceful Protest while trying to raise awearness to current matters here in Canada.
    I am a staunch defender of individual rights and freedoms .
    Are there any juresrprudence I can use in defence for a member of the clergy standing up for their beliefs in the face of political persecution.
    Also looking for any clergy who may be lawyers or legal advisors in Canada.
    I hope that this does not violate any bylaws or etticate on these forums.
  • October 25, 2017 11:07 AM PDT

First of all where were you arrested, Private Property, Gov't property, or on public property(sidewalk)? Also what Provence was the violation committed (allegedly). There are many factors in which a citizen can be detained or arrested for during a "peaceful demonstrations". A little advice, Only in the Provence of Ontario a Paralegals are registered with the Law Society Of Upper Canada thus, able to handle MINOR criminal cases. That would save you a great deal of money, and they are FULLY Qualified to handle your case.

• November 2, 2017 7:23 AM PDT

[blockquote]Richard Mclellan said: I was recently arrested for holding a Peaceful Protest while trying to raise awearness to current matters here in Canada. I am a staunch defender of individual rights and freedoms . Are there any juresrprudence I can use in defence for a member of the clergy standing up for their beliefs in the face of political persecution. Also looking for any clergy who may be lawyers or legal advisors in Canada. I hope that this does not violate any bylaws or etticate on these forums.[/blockquote]

Note: I am not an attorney and laws may very in Canada. You need to contact an Attorney there.

When Madona was in Canada they threatened to arrest her for being vulgar during her concert. She told them go right ahead as she will practice her right to freedom of speech.